- Our permanent exhibits explore early exploration, Aborigines, timber getters, boat building, fruit growing, fishing, transport, the 1967 bushfires, and militaria.
- Our representation of a school room, a shop and colonial-style rooms (kitchen, bedroom, laundry, and workroom) display authentic features of everyday life as was for earlier generations in regional Tasmania.
- Our depiction of sporting memorabilia, churches, and social life recreate important social interactions.
- The Electrona Carbide Works was unique in Australia and has its own display, with many infographics and tools that were used during that time.
- We have specialty displays comprising the Don Norton Camera Collection and two rooms depicting the home life of the Dutch migrants during the 1950s.
- In a separate external exhibition space, there is a growing collection of vintage farming machinery.
We have developed object stories that provide some background and context for some of our artefacts, objects of interest & displays.
Feature Display Gallery
The gallery features exhibitions by local artists and organisations, traveling displays, and specific features developed in-house. The gallery is usually changed monthly with featured artworks available for sale.
We hold an extensive collection of Channel family histories together with numerous books, photographs, documents, maps, journals and memorabilia relating to "The Channel" region
We host local history research groups. Our Channel sports groups are working to record & present historical sporting details.
The Memorial Wall is comprised of plaques commemorating the residents & achievers of "The Channel".
Our Green Footprint
Our museum is purpose built and state-of-the-art. It incorporates solar electricity generation and solar hot water production used for space heating. Low energy LED lighting is used for all displays
To facilitate purchases, we now have EFTPOS facilities at the museum.
∗ Year Book - We have recently published our inaugural Year Book. Copies are now on sale at the museum for $10.